Sunday, March 25, 2007

An ending...

They say, "all good things come to an end". What they don't say is, "if good things didn't end, you wouldn't realize how good they were".

Lance announces today that he's shutting down the Computational Complexity blog. As far as I know, he's the ur-TCS blogger, and was the direct inspiration for my starting the Geomblog. I've always had the Complexity blog on my must-read list, and have felt both pressured (to write better posts) and inspired (by the rich content) every time I've seen a new posting.

Another aspect of Lance's blog that I envy is the rich commenter community: he was able to create a forum for discussion of TheoryCS, on matters both technical and non-technical, that will be hard to replace.

So thanks for all the posts, Lance, and hopefully you'll be back one day !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Geomblog